English | 中文版 |  Русский

Breaking News:

Source: www.asiaecon.org |


Russian President, Dmitry Medvedev will attend a solemn ceremony of official commissioning of the Sangtuda hydropower plant-1. Medvedev's visit will continue with the late meeting with Rahmon  and will conclude with attendance of the inauguration ceremony of Sangtuda-1 HES and visit to the space surveillance faility in the Sagloh mountains.

Russia has 75%-stake in Sangtuda, Tajikistan has the remaining 25%. The Tajik officials have called Sangtuda-1 HES “a great accomplishment of economic policy”, since this is the first big hydroelectric stations erected since the country gained sovereignty.
“Energy projects are what really help governments that need to strengthen their economy,” he said. “Assistance must not just be a one-off, it should be aimed toward the future.”

During a visit to Tajikistan Russian President Dmitry Medvedev will meet with Pakistani counterpart Asif Zardari and will participate in a quadripartite meeting with Afghan President Hamid Karzai, Asif Zardari and Emomali Rakhmon.

Afghan President Hamid Karzai and his Tajik counterpart, Emomali Rakhmon, joined Zardari in vowing to work more closely in fighting terrorism amid growing fears that instability could fan across the region.

The output of 4 plants of the hydroelectric station is 670 MW. “We hope to rise it up to 700 MW,” he said. The annual output is expected to reach 2.7 billion kWh of electricity, which is 12% of all electricity produced in the country.

The Trade Commissioner said Russia invested up to 65% of all investments into the country’s economy in the first half of 2009. Last year, investments from 31 countries of the world were made, of which 75% or US$326 million were made by Russia.

Evaluation of objects of the hydroelectric power plant was to be completed by October 1, and the Russian Joint Energy Systems was to end up with 51% of the stock  before December 15. Russian company’s Press Secretary Tatiana Mityaeva says that specialists of the Russian Joint Energy Systems examined the hydroelectric power plant and offered $100 million for 51% of the stock. In return, the company would have invested $50 million in completion of construction, and Tajikistan’s debts to Russia to the same amount would have been written off.

At present in commodity composition of Tajik export deliveries to Russia, Uzbekistan, and Kazakhstan raw materials resources and foodstuff prevail. Whereas machinery and equipment, chemical products and natural gas are mainly imported.

Tajikistan, whose economy was ruined by civil war in the mid-1990s, has pinned its hopes of resurrecting its economy on new hydropower plants built with financial and technical assistance from Russia.

The country currently suffers from chronic power shortages throughout the winter, but new plants could eventually enable Tajikistan to satisfy its own energy demands and also sell power to neighboring countries.

Source: www.asiaecon.org |



Log into reply to this post

Hello sir / ma Our BG/SBLC Financing can help you get your project funded, loan financing by providing you with yearly renewable leased bank instruments. We work directly with issuing bank lease providers, this Instrument can be monetized on your behalf for 100% funding of face value, Issuance by HSBC Bank London , Barclays Bank London , Deutsche Bank, BNP Paribas, & AAA Rated Banks in Europe, Middle East or USA. All relevant business information will be provided upon request. If Interested kindly contact...... Mr.lazzaro ferdinando Email....lease.lazzaro@gmail.com ...Skype ID:lease.lazzaro Intermediaries/Consultants/Brokers are welcome to bring their clients and are 100% protected. In complete confidence, we will work together for the benefits of all parties involved

Comment From: | On: 02/13/2017 05:02 am


Log in to leave a comment

More Special Articles - Asia Business & Economy Articles